Location: Buford Road Campus, Richmond, VA
WE'RE HELPING TO TRANSFORM LIVES IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
A dynamic, multisite congregation, we're mission-minded, and we're mobilizing people to serve those inside and outside of our church who need emotional, physical, and spiritual support. Our vision is that Bon Air Baptist will be a place to belong to the family of Christ and a place to become the person God intends.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
An energetic leader who can:
- Relate to and engage both youth and families to nurture and grow their relationship with Christ.
- Adapt and create new ways to reach students and their families in the current and constantly changing culture and lifestyle.
- Create a joyful and welcoming atmosphere in school students, student ministry programs.
- Reach and connect with students.
- Work with parents to help them disciple their children.
- Partner with parents and provide practical spiritual training to help them navigate the numerous challenges they face each day.
- Serve as “champion” of Bon Air Baptist Student Ministry to all church campuses.
- Supervise the Buford Road Campus Student Ministry Team, part-time Student Ministry staff, and interns.
- Oversee the logistics and administration of multiple programs with several regular large events (retreats, trips, etc.) throughout the year in an organized, professional manner that gives parents confidence in the quality of student ministries and the safety of their children.
- Network with local student ministry workers.
- Build and lead effective volunteer teams.
- Lead and mentor students as well as train and develop volunteer leaders.
- Masters of Divinity or equivalent
- 3+ years of student ministry experience as a staff member (large or multi-site church experience is a plus)
- Experience leading staff and volunteer teams
- Solid understanding of scripture/theology
- Ability to teach students deep Biblical truths in ways teenagers can understand/respond to.
- Has effectively taught middle school students, high school students, and parents.
- Has comfortably and successfully served families from various ethnic, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Extrovert: Someone who can be high energy with students and engaging with parents.
- Holistic: Someone who focuses on ministering to students and parents — the whole family.
- Enthusiastic: Passion for student ministry is naturally displayed in conversations.
- Magnetic and Fun: Charismatic personality that attracts students to the ministry.
- Transparent, passionate, growing relationship with Christ.
- Willingness to grow personally, spiritually, and professionally
- Understand, embrace, and implement Emotional Healthy Spirituality